Key Colors for Spring
What shades and tones are hot for Spring 2022? We turned to a few trend-tracking sources to answer that question.
According to Pantone Color Institute experts, colors for Spring/Summer 2022 reflect “our aspiration for balance as we move through a changing landscape. Colors that evince our need for comfort, clarity, and security satisfy our urge to stay with the familiar. At the same time, free-spirited optimism and a feeling of new liberation are unleashed in dynamic, stand-out shades.”
Tip: “As we enter this new landscape,” explains Pantone Color Institute Executive Director Leatrice Eiseman, “one where fashion rules no longer apply, hues for Spring 2022 allow us to mix and marry as we please.”
• PERSONALIZED + SPONTANEOUS. “As we enter this new landscape,” explains Pantone Color Institute Executive Director Leatrice Eiseman, “one where fashion rules no longer apply, hues for Spring 2022 allow us to mix and marry as we please, encouraging the exploration of new chromatic realities, opening the door for personalized style and spontaneous color statements.”
• OPTIMISM + EXCITEMENT. “The biggest color trends of 2022 are rooted in optimism, warmth, growth, and excitement as we head into the third year of the Covid-19 pandemic.” (WWD.com)
• ENERGETIC + BRIGHT. “Color authorities…have started releasing their color predictions, many of which are bright hues that give a jolt of energy during the bleakness of the pandemic.” (Yahoo.com)
Here’s how two trend watchers explain these new colors.
“If ever there was a time to adopt a new favorite color, it’s right now, when soft lilac is on the market. For anyone who’s said they don’t like purple, this shade, which has a…touch of a sleek, gray undertone and a pastel-like finish, will change your mind.” (popsugar.com)
“Pantone revealed that Very Peri [see color image above], a blue-purple hue, is its color of 2022. The shade is described as a ‘warm and friendly blue hue with a carefree confidence and joyful attitude.’ Very Peri is just one shade of blue Pantone predicts will be big.” (yahoo!finance.com)
Here’s a quick description of a few of Pantone’s top picks for this Spring as described on pantone.com.
• Spun Sugar is “a sweetened pastel with an airy nature.”
• Gossamer Pink is “soft and powdery…a light and tender touch.”
• Innuendo’s “high visibility…sends a tantalizing message.”
•Skydiver “inspires us to new heights.”
• Daffodil “connects us to the spontaneity of a spring garden.”
What frame colors are you planning to add for Spring 2022? Tell us about it and share in the conversation on Facebook here.
Comments are closed.