It’s Sunglasses Day!
National Sunglasses Day is June 27. The Vision Council has chosen this annual date to celebrate the importance of UV-protective sunwear and eyewear.
Tip: To help you spread the word, The Vision Council has created and made downloadable marketing assets available
The Council encourages all members of the industry to participate by:
• Posting to social media channels with the official hashtags #SunglassesSelfie and #NationalSunglassesDay
• Tagging @TheVisionCouncil on Facebook and Instagram and @OpticalIndustry on Twitter.
To help you spread the word, The Vision Council has created and made downloadable marketing assets available, including sample social media graphics and posts, web banners, posters, logos and more. For access to the materials, visit nationalsunglassesday.com.
The Vision Council has also released recent findings about consumers and sunwear-related behavior. Here’s some of what the organization found in a poll conducted on its behalf by Morning Consult:
• Two-thirds of adults (67%) wear sunglasses always, most, or some of the time when outside.
• Seven out of 10 parents (70%) say their kids wear them.
• Only half (50%) of Generation Z consumers report always wearing sunglasses when outdoors, but 71% of millennials, 72% of Gen X, and 68% of boomers say the same.
• Adults living in the Northeast (63%) are less likely than those in other areas to wear sunglasses.
How do you promote sunwear in your business? Tell us about it and share in the conversation on Facebook here.
Comments are closed.